DISCIPLESHIFT 1 FAQ'SBelow you will find some of our frequently asked questions. If you have a question or concern that is not listed below, please don't hesitate to give us a call. 208-691-8171 Register
WHAT WILL I LEARN WHILE I'M THERE?
- Lead effective teams
- Be a leader people will want to follow
- Build healthy teams
- Model intentional relationship
- Becoming a coach v. star player
Relational Environments (Small Groups)
- Become a church of small groups
- Understanding the value of biblical story telling
- Development of relational environments for discipleship
- Effective small group facilitation
- Unity in your core beliefs
- Moving your entire church towards a common purpose
- Equipping your church body for the win.
- Developing intentional relationship within your church body.
- Alignment of the time, money and energy of your church with the win.
- Understanding the discipleship process
- Communicating an intentional discipleship process
- Becoming a disciple making church
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
DiscipleShift 1 is open to both staff and lay church leadership and emerging leaders. You’ll get a lot out of the experience attending alone, but attending as a leadership team will help get everyone on the same page and prepare you for taking your church to the next step in unity. We strongly encourage you to bring people of influence in your church:
- Senior Pastor
- Key staff members
- Board members
- Lay ministers
- Volunteer leaders
WHAT IS THE COST?
- $345.00 per person
- Please note that registration closes two weeks prior to each DiscipleShift1 event. We encourage you to register early as most DiscipleShift 1 events fill up quickly.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- All materials
- Lunch both days
The lunches are home cooked and hot. They always include a salad, rolls and dessert. One day the main menu will be chicken, rice or potatoes, and a vegetable. The other day will be roast beef, potatoes and a vegetable.
- Light breakfast foods each morning
Breakfast at DiscipleShift is hearty. This is more than a continental breakfast. There will be protein (eggs and meat of some type usually), fruit, pastries, yogurt and juice. Former participants and facilitators rave about the “North Idaho Grits.” Often there will be biscuits and gravy as well.
- Snacks and Drinks through out the day
During the day there will be snacks and beverages available to you. The snacks will include: fruit, nuts, cookies, candy, granola bars, trail mix and veggie trays. For beverages there will be: coffee, decaf coffee, tea, ice tea, water, regular and diet sodas. For the sodas, there will be a wide variety of flavors from colas to un colas to citrus soda and root beer.
Note: If you have special dietary needs, please let us know these when you register. Our wonderful volunteer cooks, will usually be able to meet all dietary needs (if given proper notice). They have been able to accommodate low calories diets, gluten free diets, lactose intolerant diets and vegetarian diets. Please allow our volunteer team the opportunity to meet your dietary needs.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE ATTENDING?
- We only have two prerequisites for attending DiscipleShift 1:
- All attendees must have read the book: “Church Is a Team Sport” by Pastor Jim Putman. CLICK HERE TO ORDER “Church is a Team Sport”
- All Participants must be in agreement with the following basic statement of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative and inerrant Word of God. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally revealed to the world in the Father, the Son – Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. All things were created by Him and for Him.
- We believe that God sent His Son – Jesus Christ, to redeem all of mankind. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life on this earth, was crucified for our sins, buried and was raised from the dead on the third day. We believe that Jesus is God. Through Jesus Christ and by Him only can mankind be saved. Jesus Christ sits at the Right Hand of the Father and will return someday to receive His Church unto Himself.
- We believe in the work of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin, revelation of God’s Word and spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. As Christians we seek to live under His direction and control daily.
- We are all sinners and have fallen short of the Glory of God and will perish without the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as revealed in His Gospel. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ and God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty – death.
- Salvation can only be received through personal faith in Jesus Christ.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Come with a good attitude and an open mind. We’ll provide everything else.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Wear casual, comfortable clothes. By casual, we mean: jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc. Be sure to check the local weather forecast for the Discipleshift1 you’ll be attending a few days before you travel. Sometimes the rooms can be chilly, so bringing a light jacket or sweatshirt is always a good idea.
WHAT IS THE DAILY SCHEDULE?
- Wednesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:10 pm (Thursday evening worship service 6:15 pm…When hosted in Post Falls, ID)
IS CHILDCARE PROVIDED?
- We know you love your children – we love ‘em too, but we ask that you leave the kids at home or arrange for childcare while you’re at DiscipleShift1. We do not provide or arrange for childcare. We also respectfully ask that you do not bring your children with you to the actual event as it is a distraction for both you and the other participants.